For music producers, inspiration can hit you at anytime. Sometimes when you are in transit, a melody starts playing in your head and you don’t want to forget that beat. What if there was a way to make a proper sample without all the studio equipment while you’re mobile? Look no further.
↓ The MusixCube™ ↓
Student designer Hauke Scholz created this awesome portable music studio prototype. The MusixCube™ is a hand-held controlling device for a given piece of digital music production software. It can be used with musical software like Ableton Live, Logic, or Pro Tools. It combines several hardware items, like drum computers and other MIDI controllers with the aim of keeping the music creators away from the computer and literally give them controls in their hands.
Here are some cool features:
• One or more persons are able to edit and create a certain piece of music alongside each other.
• The MusixCube™ is made of forty touch and pressure sensitive OLED screens.
• By tilting, turning the single segments and other moves, the user can affect parameters, sequence samples and trigger effects.
• Additionally, you can also create loops and play sounds, which previously have been assigned to the different pads and effect slots.
• After arranging some songs, the user can work with at least two cubes for a live performance and to mix their own music.
Written by Bim Star.↓
This New York City native breathes the concrete jungle. From be a stylist and clothing designer who’s pieces has graced the silhouettes of fashionistas and socialites alike, to running the streets to get the next story, Bim Star has made his name synonymous as the catalyst of the “urban-sophisticate” style in this new global world and has since strengthened his thumbprint in the industry.
Always in the know, and the go-to man for all things ala mode, we are happy to have Bim Star aboard this blazing ship as our CEO and webmaster.